Friday, September 7, 2012

Meeting with a Reporter Today


I have contacted several local newspapers, and have received two responses so far. The 1st was a Q&A interview via email and today’s is a face to face chat at my local coffee shop. I’m comely excited, and any hidden nervousness didn’t disturb my sleep as it often does. I tend to internalize such things, so I'm not always aware of it until my head hits the pillow and I fall right awake. Even as a kid I’d get sick to the stomach the night before I knew I was going to that magical place called Disneyland, and never totally grew out of it. Even as I slow with age, that hyper little rascal is in there!

This morning I woke from a dream in which I was in a large church, one I have visited in other dreams, but this time the pastor’s wife turned to me and said, “God told me you’re very gifted!”  Then she jumped over the seats from the row in front of me to sit beside me for a quiet conversation. She was excited to meet me! That was a very good start to my day.

I’ve learned from experience that in teaching or talking, what I planned to say, how I planned on saying it, and no matter how much I practiced my speech, it always came out different. Even having notes was no guarantee as I found that the flow of the moment of delivery skipped points and added new ones. Seminars were the only environment when points were not to be skipped as certain information needed to be covered. So it is with today’s meeting; I have rehearsed nothing. I know myself, and I know my book, “The Rising of Julian Adams.” The only confusion I have is differentiating what details I’ve added to the story in the 2nd and 3rd books which are in their first draft phase. Characters have evolved! At least I am comforted in knowing the story breaks between each book.

I can’t wait to get back to my first draft editing, but I have learned much in these past couple months on cyberspace social networking, setting up accounts, what each network offers, and am still on the bottom of the learning curve concerning page design. I want my pages to reflect me as the writer of this vampire series, truthfully, but strategically. I think the feel of the page is at least as important as what is written.

So, I’ll keep blogging, chatting, and emailing to expand my exposure from a local author to an upcoming world sensation (Yeah, high hopes with a shy laugh). I don’t particularly want fame… I just want to start by paying off my family debts: for my wife and I who are both on permanent disability, for my daughter’s family, and for my sister. Then I’ll do more than pray for the plethora of great causes in our world… (dreamy wondering mind)… but first, my interview in an hour.

Be Well My Friends and Followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment