Sunday, September 9, 2012

After my Interview



Greetings My Friends & Followers,

My interview on Friday for the Grunion, Downtown, and Uptown Gazette went great. My Childhood nervousness never struck, in fact, it was like talking to a new old friend. I refrained from taking command of the situation as I would in my teacher/lecturer mode, and comfortably projected my genuine friendliness. I knew we had specific ground to cover, but it was easy letting her lead the conversation. There was no threat to be defensive about so I had no use for an edgy attitude (I say this for my fellow Vampire Freaks out there). My wife was there being more than willing to fill in any blanks even if there were none by my estimation – that is her way. We know each other pretty well after 38 years together. That’s not to say she didn’t add an excellent perspective change or insight; I’m just saying she added things to the conversation that I thought were off target such as my daughter’s situation. We’ll see which of her additions play out into the article, and then, if necessary, I will pull my digital foot out of my digital mouth.

When watching a movie or having a spare moment, I’ve noticed my mind is already working on my 4th book in the series with precise sentences and cleaver ways to weave my ideas into the story. With two books in line to be edited before it, I can see that the stress of learning internet social networking is lessening giving my creative mind room to wonder where I wonder best – creatively. That’s a very good sign! I may even start the 4th book today before I get hooked back into the track of editing. When I get there, it’s a daily adventure rereading my books, fixing obvious errors and obscurities (not all, a little mystery is always good), and improve on my character and story crafting.

Next, however, is the usual business of life, you know, paying bills you’re thrilled to have the money for, ordering prescriptions you hope will remove the chronic pains and keep your health problems in check, and the other mundane kind of things that repels us safely down the canyons of life. I hope my next canyon will be lush and fertile, refreshing and stimulating.

Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment